Sport Conor McGregor's New York court appearance lasts just 45 seconds as next hearing set for July

19:05  14 june  2018
19:05  14 june  2018 Source:   independent.ie

Court date set for ANZ cartel case

  Court date set for ANZ cartel case ANZ Bank, Citigroup and Deutsche Bank will have their first court appearance on criminal charges of cartel conduct next month.After the three banks last week flagged they would be charged with alleged cartel behaviour over a 2015 capital raising, the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (CDPP) on Monday said court attendance notices had been issued.

© Independent.ie Conor McGregor Conor McGregor will have another court hearing in New York on July 26th after his appearance this afternoon ended in less than two minutes.

© Independent.ie Conor McGregor Conor McGregor will have another court hearing in New York on July 26th after his appearance this afternoon ended in less than two minutes.

Conor McGregor© Independent.ie Conor McGregor Conor McGregor will have another court hearing in New York on July 26th after his appearance this afternoon ended in less than two minutes.

MMA star McGregor has said he 'regrets' his actions at a UFC media event which led to him being charged with several offences.

The 29-year-old appeared briefly at a court in Brooklyn this morning, to face several counts including assault and criminal mischief at the Barclays Centre in the city on April 5.

McGregor will appear in court again in New York at the end of July.

McGregor, along with fellow MMA fighter Cian Cowley, arrived shortly before 10am in two black SUVs.

MMA star McGregor says he regrets Brooklyn melee

  MMA star McGregor says he regrets Brooklyn melee Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor says he regrets getting into a backstage melee at a Brooklyn arena and hopes to have his U.S. court case resolved soon.The 29-year-old Irish fighter and co-defendant Cian Cowley remained free on bail after a brief court appearance.

© Independent.ie Conor McGregor Conor McGregor will have another court hearing in New York on July 26th after his appearance this afternoon ended in less than two minutes.

CONOR McGregor and Cian Cowley will appear in court in New York again on July 26. The pair’ s hearing today lasted less than a minute. Splash News.

The men were brought into court by an entourage, but after appearing inside for a short time, the presiding judge adjourned the matter until July 26.

Both men then left the courthouse, where McGregor made a brief statement saying: "I regret the actions that led me here today. I understand the seriousness of this matter, and I am hopeful that it gets resolved soon."

Speaking outside the courtroom, McGregor's manager Audie Attar said: "Today we are focusing on the court and we are not going to focus on any future plans until we handle this matte. Right now we are in good negotiations with the district attorney."

Roberta Williams fights ATO over Vic home .
Gangland widow Roberta Williams is on a "quest for justice" to stop the tax office taking her Melbourne home to pay off debts.The wife of slain drug lord Carl Williams is appealing against a court order to sell off the Essendon house, which is worth more than $1 million.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!