Sport Bellamy decision set to come after Broncos

09:51  08 june  2018
09:51  08 june  2018 Source:   msn.com

Craig Bellamy declares he won't replace Wayne Bennett at the Brisbane Broncos in 2019

  Craig Bellamy declares he won't replace Wayne Bennett at the Brisbane Broncos in 2019 Off-contract Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has publicly declared he will not coach the Brisbane Broncos in 2019. Speculation Bellamy could replace his former boss Wayne Bennett next season has been swirling for several weeks, with the Broncos forced to admit they recently met with the Storm coach to discuss a possible move to the club.Bellamy is currently weighing a three-year offer to stay at the Melbourne Storm but is yet to make a decision on his future.Bennett is contracted until the end of 2019, complicating Bellamy’s possible return to Red Hill.

Bellamy said he would use last weekend's bye to decide on whether he would stay put in Melbourne or consider a massive offer from the Broncos . Melbourne veteran Billy Slater said he was in the dark about his coach's plans but said he expected Bellamy 's decision to come before his own.

Melbourne aren't expecting Craig Bellamy to announce his future before Sunday when the Storm host Brisbane.

Video provided by Wide World of Sports

Melbourne aren't expecting in-demand coach Craig Bellamy to declare his future before the Storm takes on Brisbane, the other NRL club vying for his services.

Bellamy said he would use last weekend's bye to decide on whether he would stay put in Melbourne or consider a massive offer from the Broncos.

The Storm host Brisbane on Sunday at AAMI Park but a spokesman said no announcement was expected from the coaching veteran at his pre-match press conference on Saturday.

Craig Bellamy to turn down Brisbane Broncos and re-sign with Melbourne Storm, says Gorden Tallis

  Craig Bellamy to turn down Brisbane Broncos and re-sign with Melbourne Storm, says Gorden Tallis Brisbane Broncos legend Gorden Tallis has added his voice to the chorus of past players and pundits to speculate on Melbourne Storm boss Craig Bellamy’s future. Media reports last Sunday declared the premiership-winning coach had decided to reject a reported three-year, $5million offer from the Brisbane Broncos and ink a similar three-year extension to stay in Melbourne.But Bellamy, who last week publicly declared he would not coach the Broncos in 2019 because Bennett is already contracted for next season, remains conflicted over his decision according to multiple reports.

Melbourne aren't expecting in-demand coach Craig Bellamy to declare his future before the Storm takes on Brisbane, the other NRL club vying for his Camilla Kerslake and Chris Robshaw marry with romantic wedding in France after two year secret engagement.

Decisions to make: Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy speaks to the media at Melbourne Airport. The Broncos have made a four-year .6m offer for Bellamy , supposedly effective from 2020 This may be acceptable to Bellamy who, after 16 high-pressure seasons, may wish, as he

The club said it believed Bellamy was still mulling the three-year Melbourne offer or the lure of moving home to Queensland and joining the Broncos, and that it hadn't imposed any deadline for a decision.

Melbourne veteran Billy Slater said he was in the dark about his coach's plans but said he expected Bellamy's decision to come before his own.

"I haven't made a decision on my playing future next year," Slater told Macquarie Sports Radio.

"I don't think it will have any impact on what Craig does.

Craig Bellamy. © Getty Images Craig Bellamy. "Craig's his own person, I dare say Craig's decision will probably be finalised before I make a decision on next year, I don't think he's waiting around for me."

Slater will miss the clash with the Broncos due to the hamstring injury which kept him out of the State of Origin match on Wednesday night.

The Test veteran spent the night in the Queensland coaching box.

Slater said there was no timeline for his return, although he hoped he would only sit out this AAMI Park clash and be available for Melbourne's trip to Newcastle next round before the second Origin in Sydney on June 24.

"It's quite frustrating," Slater said.

"I don't feel all that injured as it's not very painful but when I'm going 100 per cent and fatigued, that's when you can start feeling it.

"I felt like I could have played but it was more about the further damage I could have done if I did play."

Bellamy signs new Storm NRL coaching deal .
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has rejected an offer from Brisbane, signing a contract extension with the NRL's defending premiers.Bellamy knocked back a mega offer from Brisbane to sign a three-year contract extension reportedly worth around $4 million dollars.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!