Sport AFL Dockers official in harassment claim

22:16  13 april  2018
22:16  13 april  2018 Source:   MSN

Fremantle Dockers: Junior staff member claiming she was sexually harassed by a club figure

  Fremantle Dockers: Junior staff member claiming she was sexually harassed by a club figure Terrible news from the West

AN Adelaide Crows women’s footballer reportedly claimed she was the victim of sexual harassment by an A spokesman for the Adelaide Crows declined to comment on the alleged incident, believed to be the first of its kind during an official AFL game. Fremantle Dockers . Glen Quartermain.

An AFL club official is being investigated in regard to an alleged case of sexual harassment . The complaint was made under the league 's recently revamped respect and responsibility policy, according to the AFL .

A Dockers fan - file pic © AAP Image/Tony McDonough

A Dockers fan - file pic

A Fremantle official has been accused of sexually harassing a former junior staff member and the club tried to cover it up, News Corp Australia reports.

It was reported in December that the AFL's integrity unit had opened an investigation into a sexual harassment claim.

No club was named at the time, but the Herald Sun have now reported that the club in question was the Dockers.

The official has not been named.

The report says the former Dockers office worker had accused the Fremantle official of inappropriate behaviour, adding that a significant and secret financial deal was reached to put the matter to rest.

The report says the alleged incident happened several years ago, but the complainant only came forward late last year in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein revelations and the #metoo campaign that followed.

The Herald Sun published the revelations online on Friday night, on the eve of Fremantle's clash with GWS in Canberra on Saturday.

The 'Italian Weinstein' Under Investigation for Sexual Violence .
The 'Italian Weinstein' Under Investigation for Sexual ViolenceUnder Italian law the case would be a difficult one to prosecute, as two of the complaints took place more than six months ago, which, incredibly, is beyond the statue of limitations in Italy. The third complaint is believed to lack sufficient evidence to convict. The women have come forward despite the six-month deadline, seeking justice with the magistrate "for what we have suffered.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!