The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Sport Kyrgios in Shanghai walk-off

16:21  10 october  2017
16:21  10 october  2017 Source:   msn.com

Matty Johns and Mark Geyer savage Nick Kyrgios after Shanghai meltdown

  Matty Johns and Mark Geyer savage Nick Kyrgios after Shanghai meltdown <p>Matty Johns and Mark Geyer have absolutely torn shreds off Nick Kyrgios after his Shanghai Masters meltdown.</p>Kyrgios sensationally quit after losing the first set to Steve Johnson on Tuesday, walking off the court without giving an explanation.

Kyrgios was not allowed to collect his prize for taking part in the Masters 1000 tournament because he failed to get signed off in order to prove he was unwell or injured. He wrote: “Guys I want to apologise to the fans in Shanghai and those that watched around the world on TV today.

Nick Kyrgios has blamed his Shanghai walk - off on a stomach bug after surprisingly quitting his first-round match with Steve Johnson after the first set.

Nick Kyrgios walks off the court after losing the first set to Steve Johnson in Shanghai.© Yifan Ding/Getty Images Nick Kyrgios walks off the court after losing the first set to Steve Johnson in Shanghai. Nick Kyrgios has sensationally quit his first-round match at the Shanghai Masters in apparent protest against the umpiring.

The volatile Australian stormed off after losing the first set 7-6 (7-5) in a tiebreaker.

Kyrgios's dramatic walk-off comes a year after he was suspended from the ATP Tour for tanking at the Shanghai Masters and leaves his immediate playing future in doubt once again. The 22-year-old had received two code violations for unsportsmanlike conduct and expressed his dismay at the chair umpire for copping a point penalty during the tiebreaker.

Kyrgios blames illness for Shanghai sulk

  Kyrgios blames illness for Shanghai sulk Nick Kyrgios says injury and illness was the reason behind his sensational mid-match walk-off in the first round of the Shanghai Masters.Returning to the scene of his infamous tanking last year that led to a ban from the world tour, Kyrgios was involved in yet another sensation at the Shanghai Masters.

For the second straight year, Kyrgios made a controversial exit from the Shanghai Rolex Masters. Zverev: Very, Very Sure Breakthrough is Coming. After American Steve Johnson took the first set from the 22-year-old Aussie, 7-6 (5), Kygrios, who was upset by line calls earlier in the set, walked off the

Nick Kyrgios is fined ,834 and deducted his ,950 first-round losers' cheque following his decision to throw in the towel after losing the first set against Steve Johnson in the Shanghai Masters.

He was picked up on TV telling his courtside entourage he would stop if he lost the set, which he did.

The latest incident left commentators dumbfounded.

"What is it about Shanghai and Nick Kyrgios? Emotions getting the better of him and he's off," one said.

"The next chapter of the Nick Kyrgios career unfolds."

Tennis: Kyrgios enjoys 'redemption' for Shanghai meltdown

  Tennis: Kyrgios enjoys 'redemption' for Shanghai meltdown Nick Kyrgios said he wanted to make up for his notorious meltdown last year in Shanghai as he beat Mischa Zverev in the second round of the China Open on Wednesday. A year ago the supremely talented but combustible Kyrgios was suspended for his petulant behaviour at the Shanghai Masters, where he swore and argued with the crowd and appeared to give away points in caving in to the German.The enigmatic Australian, seeded eighth on Beijing's outdoor hard courts this year, smashed his racquet on the floor in anger, bending the head in half, when he conceded the opening set on Wednesday.

LONDON (Reuters) - Australia’s Nick Kyrgios has been fined ,000 and deducted his ,000 first-round losers’ cheque following his decision to walk off after losing the first set against Steve Johnson in the Shanghai Masters on Tuesday.

Nick Kyrgios of Australia hits a return during the men’s singles against Steve Johnson of America at the Shanghai Masters tennis tournament in Shanghai on October 10, 2017. Chandan khanna / afp. Australian firebrand Nick Kyrgios apologised and said he had been unwell after he stormed off

Kyrgios was leading 4-2 in the tiebreaker before losing a rally and then copping his point penalty then gesturing to his box: "What is he doing? ... "

A commentator weighed in with: "He said if he loses this set, he's retiring. Not happy with some of the decisions the umpire is making regarding controlling the crowd."

When he'd had enough, Kyrgios called Johnson to the net, shook hands and then shook hands with the chair umpire without making eye contact.

Runner-up to world No.1 Rafael Nadal in the China Open final, Kyrgios had been making a run towards the season-ending World Tour Finals before handing Johnson a mid-match walkover.

He was sitting 15th in the Race to London, where the top eight players of the year will assemble for the prestigious round-robin event.

'Didn't he like doing things in groups?'

  'Didn't he like doing things in groups?' Nick Kyrgios has hit back at Matthew Johns over his behaviour at the Shanghai Masters.Johns told the Triple M Grill Team it was “bulls---” and “disgraceful behaviour” how Kyrgios walked off the court after losing the first set to American Steve Johnson at the Shanghai Masters this week.

And he was punished with a one-point deduction for yelling an expletive at the judge, before he threatened to walk off the court if he lost the set. Kyrgios said: “Guys, I want to apologise to the fans in Shanghai and those that watched around the world on TV today.

Kyrgios 's dramatic walk - off comes a year after he was suspended from the ATP Tour for tanking at the Shanghai Masters and leaves his immediate playing future in doubt once again.

Nick Kyrgios's tumultuous tennis year has continued with the Australian walking off the court after losing the first set at the Shanghai Masters.© CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP/Getty Images Nick Kyrgios's tumultuous tennis year has continued with the Australian walking off the court after losing the first set at the Shanghai Masters. But he will now almost certainly come under serious scrutiny from officials for quitting a match at the very same venue where he was accused of not giving his best efforts 12 months ago.

Kyrgios also received two code violations during his loss to Nadal two days ago after losing his cool over an unfavourable line call in the first game of the final.

His rare, possibly even unprecedented, walk-off on Tuesday night prompted immediate criticism from tennis fans on Twitter.

This is the only way Australian tennis 'bad boy' Nick Kyrgios can save his career .
Controversial Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios has continued his losing streak, this time defeated by world No. 98 Ruben Bemelmans at the European Open in Belgium. It's the latest in a series of missteps by the 22-year-old, who last week pulled out of his opening round match against Steve Johnson at the Shanghai Masters -- the same tournament that led to his suspension last year -- and puts him one step further away from competing at ATP World Tour Finals in London next month.But it's not losing matches that has casts doubt over his future in tennis.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!