Entertainment 'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant DeMario Jackson breaks silence: My character has been assassinated

07:26  15 june  2017
07:26  15 june  2017 Source:   Business Insider Australia

Sorry, Bachelor in Paradise Fans — Season 4 Suspended Over "Allegations of Misconduct"

  Sorry, Bachelor in Paradise Fans — Season 4 Suspended Over The cast list for Bachelor in Paradise's upcoming fourth season was only announced a few days ago in anticipation of its Aug. 8 premiere, but it turns out the Bachelor spin-off isn't happening this time after all. The show recently began filming, but ABC announced they'd halted production on Sunday. "We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico," Warner Bros. said in a statement. "We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.

× Recommended For You Powered by Sailthru. ' Bachelor in Paradise ' contestant DeMario Jackson breaks silence : My character has been assassinated .

Hours after " Bachelor In Paradise " contestant Corinne Olympios hired a top attorney and power publicist to take on her case, her co-star DeMario Jackson has also broken his silence . “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false

DeMario Jackson Bachelor in Paradise© Provided by Business Insider Inc DeMario Jackson Bachelor in Paradise

"Bachelor in Paradise" contestant DeMario Jackson issued his first statement Wednesday since he was accused of sexual misconduct involving another participant on the show.

In the statement, Jackson called the accusations an assassination of his character with "false claims and malicious allegations" and said he will be seeking legal counsel.

"It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations," Jackson said in a statement to E! News. "I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."

'Bachelor in Paradise' star DeMario Jackson tells friend video will vindicate him in pool incident

  'Bachelor in Paradise' star DeMario Jackson tells friend video will vindicate him in pool incident "Bachelor in Paradise" star DeMario Jackson is telling friends he did nothing wrong during an alleged hookup with Corinne <g class="gr_ gr_32 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="32" id="32">Olympios</g> and said the videotapes will vindicate him.&nbsp;Only a week after filming began in Mexico for the popular ABC show, the series was suspended upon reports on possible sexual misconduct. Multiple reports claimed that DeMario and Corinne were inebriated and fooling around in a swimming pool, but the production studio is now investigating whether Corinne may have been too drunk to consent.

DeMario Jackson , the second contestant at the center of an ongoing Bachelor in Paradise investigation, has broken his silence . “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations

DeMario Jackson just broke his silence on the scandal surrounding " Bachelor In Paradise ." "It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations," he said in a statement to E!.

The statement was released just hours after "Bachelor In Paradise" contestant Corinne Olympios, the reported victim of the alleged sexual misconduct, announced that she has hired famed attorney Marty Singer to represent her.

The incident reportedly occurred early last week on the show's first day of taping. Sources have told news outlets that production was suspended after producers filmed a sexual encounter between Jackson ("The Bachelorette" season 13) and Olympios ("The Bachelor" season 21) while she was too drunk to give proper consent.

ABC and producer Warner Horizon have confirmed that an investigation into "allegations of misconduct" is in progress. It was reportedly the result of a "third-party complaint" filed by a show producer. But neither ABC nor Warner Horizon has confirmed that this season of the show has been cancelled.

"Bachelor in Paradise," a summer spin-off of ABC's long-running "The Bachelor" franchise, has aired for three seasons. It features eliminated contenders from the franchise who are secluded at a beautiful destination and gives them another chance at romance.


Bachelor In Paradise to resume filming after investigation finds no evidence of misconduct .
Statement says no cast member's safety was ever in jeopardyBachelor in Paradise will resume filming 10 days after coming to a halt after an investigation found there was no evidence of "misconduct by any cast member".

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!