Australia Ex-school traffic warden facing hundreds of child sex charges gets bail

09:06  09 july  2018
09:06  09 july  2018 Source:   watoday.com.au

Harvey Weinstein Indicted on additional sex crime charges, could face life in prison

  Harvey Weinstein Indicted on additional sex crime charges, could face life in prison Disgraced mogul indicted on three additional felony sex charges , two of which carry the potential of life in prison.Weinstein was already facing three sex crime charges, concerning allegations involving two women, and carrying a maximum penalty of 25 years in prison. The Manhattan D.A.'s office announced Monday that Weinstein now faces charges involving a third woman, arising from an incident in 2006.© Harvey Weinstein pleads not guilty to rape and sex assault charges According to the indictment, Weinstein is accused of forcibly performing oral sex on the woman on July 10, 2006.

A school traffic warden has been charged with a string of child sex offences after police raided his home (stock image). Australian Federal Police and detectives on Western Australia’s Child Abuse Squad joined forces to carry out the search. The man is facing multiple charges

Spurgeon, 52, and her husband Daniel W. Spurgeon, 47, were arrested last year in Florida on hundreds of charges of child abuse, sexual abuse and other crimes against 11 children She also faces 11 counts of human trafficking and one count of domestic violence strangulation-suffocation.

Michael Hyde is facing hundreds of charges.© Supplied Michael Hyde is facing hundreds of charges.

A former school traffic warden facing more than 300 child sex-related charges has been granted bail.

Michael Cyril Hyde, 59, appeared in the WA District Court on Monday via video-link from Casuarina Prison.

He was granted bail by Judge Simon Stone after concerns were raised by Mr Hyde's defence team at the length of time the former school traffic warden had already spent in custody awaiting trial.

Mr Hyde was arrested just over two years ago by officers from the Joint Anti Child Exploitation Team.

At the time of his arrest, police said he was working as a school traffic warden in Perth.

Sikorsky 'accessory' will get bail

  Sikorsky 'accessory' will get bail A man accused of harbouring alleged murderer Zlatko Sikorsky in a Queensland unit will be granted bail. Joseph Geiger, 38, has been charged with being an accessory to the murder of Brisbane schoolgirl Larissa Beilby after allegedly allowing Sikorsky into his Sunshine Coast rental, where a 28-hour siege unfolded from Friday.Maroochydore magistrate Matthew McLaughlin said today Mr Geiger should be granted bail as there was no evidence suggesting he was involved in Larissa's death, but adjourned his decision to Friday for accommodation to be confirmed. © AAP Image/Facebook Larissa Beilby.

He claimed he was driven to kill her because of his obsession of wanting sex with her. 'I got mad because of thinking of ****ing her so much that I killed her.' Ronnie Ortiz-Magro's ex Jen won't face domestic violence charges due to 'insufficient evidence' She was released from jail on ,000 bail .

John A. Schulte is facing a child pornography charge but is also accused of leaking classified CIA Mercedes driver crashes into Mini after swerving through traffic . Ronnie Ortiz-Magro's ex Jen won't face domestic violence charges due to 'insufficient evidence' She was released from jail on ,000 bail .

He is facing a total of 317 child sex-related charges. Many of the alleged offences relate to indecent dealing and recording of children.

He is also facing one count each of sexual penetration of a child and possession of child exploitation material.

Alleged Riverland school massacre plotter refused bail

  Alleged Riverland school massacre plotter refused bail A court is told the 19-year-old alleged plotter, who was refused bail, had previously taken knives and Molotov cocktails to his school in South Australia's Riverland.The 19-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy, whose identities have been suppressed, were charged with conspiring to murder over an alleged plot to attack the school with guns and explosives last year.

Astonishing moment a London traffic warden is bundled to the ground after 'attacking a group of Love Island: Ellie Jones 'begged ex Jack for sex a DAY before he entered the villa' as friend Amber Heard gets roses in Paris which are likely from new beau Vito Schnabel, the ex of Heidi Klum

The gravity of the charges is clear, but the particulars that led to them have remained murky. The next day, she left her ex -boyfriend’s place and began cohabitating with XXXTentacion. After that, XXXTentacion fell silent and left her in the car outside the venue. Inside, they got into a fight.

It is alleged Mr Hyde had more than 26,000 child exploitation images and videos in his possession, the court was told.

The court was also told on Monday the 300-plus charges related to alleged sexual offending against five children between 2011-2016.

Mr Hyde's defence lawyer Max Crispe told the court his client was pleading not guilty to all charges and it was unlikely the case would go to trial this year.

"He's spent a very long time already in custody," Mr Crispe said.

Mr Crispe said the file manager at the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions who was initially handling the case had recently resigned.

He claimed the resignation was partly due to the fact the file manager was not being given enough resources to deal with the case.

Prosecutor Danielle Clarke said the state had a "strong case" and said if Mr Hyde was released on bail he could commit further offences and potentially interfere with witnesses.

But Judge Stone said bail conditions could be put in place to prevent this and cited the amount of time Mr Hyde had already spent in jail awaiting trial.

"For someone to be left in custody for years on end ... is of some concern," Judge Stone said.

As part of Mr Hyde's bail conditions he must not contact the alleged victims or their families, must report to police three times a week, submit a personal undertaking of $100,000, a surety of $100,000 and abide by a 9pm-7am curfew.

He is due to appear in court again on August 31.

US Marine charged with attacking woman ordered to stay in Australia .
A US Marine whose alleged attack on a public servant at a Brisbane barracks put her in hospital has been ordered not to approach any international terminals.Taylor Wyatt Elwood, 20, was arrested on July 3 after allegedly dragging the woman, aged in her 60s, out of her car in a car park at the barracks and assaulting her and a police officer who attempted to arrest him.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!