Australia Teen accused of assaulting police officer has bail revoked

11:22  05 january  2018
11:22  05 january  2018 Source:   9News.com.au

'Hot cop' resigns amid accusations of anti-Semitism

  'Hot cop' resigns amid accusations of anti-Semitism Hot cop out!

Patrick Spiteri bail revoked after AG's appeal. The accused is then alleged to have given false details to the police , – something immediately evident to the officers as the ID card number provided ended with a ‘T’. The inspector claimed that Mr. Sneddon had calmed down somewhat by then and

A teenager accused of assaulting a police officer while on probation has been released on bail , sparking outrage from the head of the Victorian Police Association. The association's secretary Wayne Gatt said heightened disrespect for police was putting officers at risk of violent assaults and the

A teenager accused of violently assaulting a police officer at a busy Melbourne shopping centre is back behind bars after a magistrate revoked his bail, finding he had breached one of his bail conditions just a day after being released.

The 17-year-old faces charges of assault, assaulting an emergency services worker on duty, recklessly causing injuring and intentionally causing injury, over an incident at Highpoint Shopping Centre on Boxing Day, where he allegedly kicked a senior constable in the face.

Sylvester Stallone Breaks His Silence Amid Rape Allegations

  Sylvester Stallone Breaks His Silence Amid Rape Allegations Sylvester Stallone has broken his silence amid rape allegations made against him by a teenager, denying the incident ever occurred.  As previously reported, the Rocky star was accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old fan in 1986 and forcing her to have a threesome with his bodyguard, Mike De Luca. At the time, the teenager filed a police report in Las Vegas, claiming she met the actor while he was filming Over the Top and was “intimidated” into having intercourse with the men.

The police officer who was assaulted at Highpoint on December 26, 2017. Police and youth justice officials told a children's court on Friday they opposed the teen being granted bail again. Detective Senior Constable Kwok Yu told court the accused teen attacked a policeman in the head with a

The accused teen , from the western suburbs, was arrested last week and charged with assaulting an emergency worker on duty, intentionally and recklessly causing injury, and common law assault . He appeared at the Children's Court last Friday and was released on bail . Victorian police minister Lisa

Police described the incident as "violent and cowardly", saying that had an accomplice not held the teenager back, the police officer's injuries would have been more significant.

The teenager was granted bail on Tuesday, prompting the Andrews government to demand an explanation.

The boy was taken back into custody yesterday, after youth justice workers reported the alleged bail breach to police.

The court was told the boy was spotted with a mobile phone when he attended a scheduled youth justice appointment with his father.

A youth justice worker testified the boy was reminded his bail conditions meant he wasn't allowed to be in possession of a smartphone.

He later said he was annoyed by the condition and thought it was "dumb".

Husband tried to electrocute pregnant wife by rigging front door

  Husband tried to electrocute pregnant wife by rigging front door A Florida man has been accused of trying to electrocute his pregnant estranged wife by rigging the front door.Police were called to Michael Scott Wilson's Palm Coast home on Dec. 26 after a family member reported that they were having trouble opening the door, WKMG reports.

Manager of O'Sarracino Bar, stands accused of assaulting and threatening to burn police officer . Inspector Jason Sultana opposed bail due to the facts of the case, claiming that the accused has no ties to Malta and that there is a possiblity that the accused has been in court before on similar charges.

A teenager accused of assaulting a police officer while on probation has been released on bail , sparking outrage from the head of the Victorian Police Association.

The youth justice worker said the teen engaged very well during the remainder of meeting, and discussed hopes of finding a job at a fast food restaurant.

The defence lawyer told the magistrate the phone belonged to the boy's sister, and he had brought it with him to enter the youth justice worker's contact details.

It was argued the teenager had otherwise complied with all aspects of his bail conditions.

Police reiterated their opposition to bail, saying the boy was on probation and had made threats against police on Facebook in 2016.

The court was told the injured officer was physically upset, and felt let down by the magistrate's original decision to grant bail.

This afternoon a separate magistrate ruled the incident did constitute a "clear breach" of bail, and remanded the teenager in custody.

The youth is due to reappear in court on January 18.

Man charged after dip in Darling Harbour .
A man has been charged after he took a night time swim in Sydney's Darling Harbour.About 9.45pm on Saturday police discovered the man swimming at Cockle Bay, and had to pull him from the water when he ignored their instructions to leave the water.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!